View Single Post

Old 09-26-2021, 09:43 AM

Liked 8,937 Times in 4,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teletech View Post
Dang, that's well into JHP bullet price. My own fault for buying an expensive gun I guess. I'll place a few orders and see how it works out for me. Considering I usually like to ladder several different powders for any given bullet, it's not hard to burn a few hundred fully working up a load. Luckily my LPP situation isn't too dire yet or I'd really be crying about component costs!

I'm finding it frustrating that there are so many casting houses but none of them manage to be a one-stop shop for me. Even before I was looking for these .432" slugs, it seemed to take a few different outfits to cover my needs. Well, it's that or cast I guess. I can't even imagine how non-reloaders manage! Just buy boring guns I guess.
I'm sure there are some good cast bullets available commercially, but searching to find the best for your purpose may be a chore, especially now. You may prefer not to cast your own, but casting gives a flexibility in bullet selection unavailable elsewhere.

The drawback is learning the process. It does take time, but well worth the effort if you're interested in the best in handgun accuracy and prefer not to have to settle for a bullet that's a lesser product or a good product that's not exactly what you want.
The Following User Likes This Post: