View Single Post

Old 09-27-2021, 03:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,047 Times in 6,606 Posts

Maybe I should not have a say in this subject but here goes. I never fired a sanctioned Bullseye match, ever. I did qualify Expert in the Corps the seven times I was required to qualify for score. Also I shot the USMC version of an IPSC course of fire several times when working for the Security Force Battalion and shot Expert there too. Both disciplines require dedication and practice to do well in. Nowadays even the USMC is getting away from Bullseye courses of fire to something that is closer to what the Marines will see in combat. Both Bullseye and IPSC (and other courses of fire) come down to sight alignment and trigger control. I enjoy shooting Bullseye and I teach my Grandkids that discipline (the younger ones). The oldest (just got out of the Corps and fired Expert with a rifle twice during his tour) is a bit cocky and Gramps has to remind him from time to time that I can still shoot better than him despite my advanced age. I think for the younger folks shooting steel is more fun and gratifying due to the clang and bang when you hit the steel targets. I think that they are shooting at all ought to make us happy.........better then them playing video games. May help keep our sport alive in some form........Sorry to ramble on like this.

AJ

Last edited by AJ; 09-27-2021 at 03:03 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: