View Single Post

Old 10-18-2021, 09:37 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF385 View Post
I am the owner of two very noisy magazines for my SD40VE. I've read around a bit and heard different remarks about the rattle. I didn't buy into the "double stacks rattle" theory because none of my other double stacks rattle. Maybe a little noise if you really shake them, but nothing close to the clatter of these magazines which rattle in the gun even when I walk.

I found a quick and easy (apparent) fix. I took the spring and follower out of the magazine and switched them with the spring and follower from one of my 15 round .40 Glock magazines. No more rattle. I get a slight rattle when the magazine has 13 and 11 rounds, but with a chambered round and 14 rounds in the magazine, I can shake the gun all I want and no rattle.

I manually cycled all the rounds through the gun, then took it out to test it. I went through 50 rounds with no issues. I said earlier that it's an apparent fix because 50 rounds, even though flawless, isn't quite enough for me to be convinced.

I'm going to try it with the SD follower and the Glock spring. I tend to believe I had an issue with that combo, but for the life of me I can't recall what it was.

EDIT: the 14th round is very stiff using the SD follower with the Glock spring. Too stiff when in the gun.

Which glock model did you use the magazine spring from? I would love to be able to purchase one and get this damn rattle gone!!!
The Following User Likes This Post: