View Single Post

Old 10-26-2021, 07:56 AM

Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts

Exactly, which is why my shield 45s, note plural, are my carry choice over my Sig Ultra any day. Not that I don't love my lil Sig, but it's heavier and worth well over double the cost of a Shield 45.

Currently own commander and officer size 1911s from S&W, Sig, and Rock Island Armory (don't knock them). Apples to oranges when comparing them to an M&P. The grip angles and bore axis alignment are different. Polymer frame vs. alloy, scandium, and/or steel. Double stack mag vs. single stack.

It's just hard to beat the 1.0 M&P 45 overall when it comes to accuracy, shoot-ability, weight, reliability, and cost. Note all my 1.0 M&P 45s have the Apex trigger and sear. They are very accurate out of the box and easily met, and exceeded, my minimum requirement of 2"-2.5" group @ 25 yards off sandbags. Even better w/ a storm lake barrel drop in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin' trails View Post
Furthermore, consider a pistol used during a lawful self-defense shooting will be confiscated as evidence until the case clears. I'll cry less having to hand over and possibly never seeing my $500 M&P than my $1,200 - up 1911 again.
The Following User Likes This Post: