View Single Post

Old 11-02-2021, 08:26 AM

Liked 666 Times in 201 Posts

A long time friend of mine just got out of rehab and informed me that he no longer has the hand strength to operate his Taurus 85 Poly revolver. He asked me if I had an easy to operate .38 special revolver.

I brought him a Rock Island 4" .38 to try and he could operate it in both single action and double action. He told me that he had $250 in the Taurus and I told him that I had $200 in the Rock Island. I gave him $50 plus the Rock Island and he was a happy camper.

The paperwork with his (now my) Taurus 85 showed a 2015 purchase date. The gun had been dry fired only.

I took the gun to my local range and fired 11 different types of ammo from 125gr through 158gr. All of the rounds printed over 4" left at 25 yards. 9 of the groups were good to very good.

Later, I removed approximately 1/32" from the inside right ear of the non-adjustable rear sight. The gun now has perfect windage with 10 of the 11 brands/types of ammo that I tested. An additional benefit of this modification is that I can now see light on both sides of the front sight blade when I am aiming.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: