Thread: M&P 10mm
View Single Post

Old 11-04-2021, 10:50 AM
Banned

Liked 2,152 Times in 854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lively View Post
Judging by the number of posts I see on gun forums and looking at YouTube videos the surge of interest in 10mm seems to be fading. When I go to the gun club I always look at the brass lying on the ground to see what people are shooting and have been seeing less 10mm than I used to. Although that could be because the reloaders that don't bother picking up 9 and 45 aren't going to let a 10mm case lie on the ground very long.

The 10mm is certainly not going to die. It has a number of dedicated fans that will not let it happen. And for good reason, it can do things a 9mm or 45 cannot. But it is no longer the cartridge all the cool kids on YouTube are talking about.

I still hope S&W makes a 10mm M&P but have to wonder how many they would sell. They might be too late to really cash in on the 10mm's resurgence.
I think you hit on something. I see less .40 brass than a few years ago. That reflects a decline in .40 popularity, since .40 isn't much if a reloader's cartridge.. But I know that I scarf up every 10mm case I see laying on the ground.