View Single Post

Old 11-04-2021, 11:12 AM

Liked 7,490 Times in 2,538 Posts

It just goes to show you that you can't believe everything you read online. Companies change hands, come under new leadership, and the next thing you know, what may have been accurate last year is no longer accurate, but because some folks had bad experiences last year that they'll go on reciting for as long as they live, the reputation sticks, and you end up with a negative feedback loop.

Taurus has been steadily improving ever since their former CEO Anthony Accitelli left them some years back. Accitelli had previously worked for Colt, then went on to become the CEO of Remington after he left Taurus. Now I'm not saying that all of Taurus' problems were related to him, (obviously they've had spotty QC long before he hit the scene) but it really says something about his leadership capabilities when both other companies he worked for had their quality decline and eventually go bankrupt while he was working for them.

I've owned a Taurus Judge Magnum since 2017 and not only has it been 100% reliable, but it's also far more accurate/effective downrange then what I had heard folks saying about it.

Besides, I still think that Taurus' reputation has more to do with having poor Customer Service than overall Quality Control, which seems to be roughly on par with Ruger, except they have some of the best Customer Service in the industry. So my theory is that their reputation comes more from the overwhelming amount of dissatisfied customers who received a lemon then had to jump through hoops and wait a long time to get it repaired/replaced than it does with their QC as a whole.