View Single Post

Old 11-28-2021, 05:48 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,197 Times in 723 Posts
Default Just another plinker

Like most of us, I have a couple 22’s that seem to always get toted to the range. One of these happens to be 22A that has seen probably 8000 rounds at this point since it’s come into my possession. It’s been through a lot including a trip back to the mothership last year after the rear hook on the upper broke during reassembly.

I was fortunate that Smith and Wesson was able to replace my original 4” with this 5” heavy version, free of charge. (Even though I was not the original owner) They even sent back the original 4” barrel, which I’ve used on occasion even though the rear hook is broken.

A few months ago I found a red dot that I forgot I had while taking inventory of my spare accessories and parts. No clue how it came into my possession, but it was like new in the original box with 3 sets of rings, cleaning cloth, lens caps etc. It’s a Leupold Gilmore LG 1. Apparently Leupold released a bunch of these and the larger MOA version LG 35 back in the early 2000s I think, but due to hit or miss quality, Leupold abandoned the partnership.

Although I would not use it for any serious work, it’s done just fine on the 22A and has a degree of nostalgia to it. The glass (made in Japan) is decent and it’s maintained zero after about 1500 rounds of various 22lr. It won’t win any lightweight or beauty contests buts it’s a tack driver.

Does anyone else like their 22A’s? How about the Leupold Gilmore, does anyone have one of these mounted and still chugging along?

Cheers
SVT28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Like Post: