View Single Post

Old 12-02-2021, 11:06 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 357 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin57M View Post
Lebanon Valley Spokesman Association held their semiannual Woods Walk today. Utilizing their archery range, they have 10 stations, with a steel targets of different shapes and sizes. Distances range from 20 to 60 yards in a wooded setting. 5 shots per station for a total of 50 points. Non-magnum handguns only, with two classes - iron sights or red dot.
Had a great time shooting my 6” 27-2 with moderate 38 Special loads. Almost 60 shooters, approximately half of whom shot a revolver. Good lighting this morning and only one cup of coffee allowed me to shoot a 48. Good time was had by all.
A fellow member!!

I've had a ton of fun at this event over the years, but most of the time I only make the September one. This year I did not because of rotator cuff surgery.

The best I have done is 5th overall a couple times. I've used the following models, shooting DAO every time: 657 (with properly head-stamped 41 specials), 14, 696, 15.

The best time I ever had was when I was paired with a bunch of young 3-gun shooters with their mutli-colored Glocks and SIGs and me with a police trade in DAO model 15. One of the kids asked me "why don't you cock the hammer first?". I asked them, "so, what all do you guys have into your guns?". I got various replies ranging from $600 - $1300. I came in first in my squad and then held my dirty old model 15 and said - $250 !!
DAO Hunter, SWCA #2955
The Following 4 Users Like Post: