Thread: Why no 20 inch?
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2022, 04:53 PM

Liked 70 Times in 35 Posts
Default Why no 20 inch?

I’m interested in the M&P 10 but I am NOT interested in a 16 or 18 inch barrel, to me that makes no sense in .308 or 6.5 creedmoor, those are full power cartridges and should have full barrels or else what’s the point? If I wanted a carbine for close/medium range I’d stick to 5.56, it’s better suited for the job. But I am looking for a semi auto precision rifle, there is no need for the velocity drop from a carbine barrel, nor would I use a full powered cartridge for close range work as the extra flash and blast, extra recoil, and reduced magazine capacity would not be worth it over 5.56, so I have no idea why I can only find the M&P 10 in carbine length barrels, it’s like tits on a bull, why?

I’m aware of the performance center version in 6.5 creedmoor, but I’m not ready to spend an extra $800 just for 2 inches of barrel. Why is the non performance center version not offered in 20 inch? Or even better 22, 24, or 26 inch? And why no 6.5 Creedmoor except in the performance center version?

It doesn’t make sense.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: