View Single Post

Old 01-21-2022, 01:05 PM

Liked 2,546 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38SuperMan View Post
Anyone shooting hot loads I’d suggest a heavier recoil spring and shock buffer. Factory loads, I wouldn’t worry too much but those heavy loads can really pound a frame.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I cracked my Caspian frame shooting major loads. Not only did I crack the frame I destroyed 2 Aimpoint red dots. These were the 1990’s versions that were tubes not the little micro red dots you see now. One of them, the electrical circuit failed and the second, one half of the tube unscrewed from the body of the scope. There’s a huge amount of shock when shooting those heavy loads that eventually will damage the gun or dot.
Wow, you must have shot a boatload of Major rounds through the gun to have that happen. Mine was built on a Para frame with a Caspian slide. I shot a fair amount of Major rounds through it, but most practice sessions were non-Major rounds. I never had a problem with the ProPoint 3 I was running.

The frame and slide were fine, and are now the gun below after converting it away from an Unlimited gun. I did always run shock buffs however.

The Following 2 Users Like Post: