View Single Post

Old 01-29-2022, 05:15 AM

Liked 11,883 Times in 5,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by galilman121 View Post
Ugh. When I took possession of my 4506-1, I immediately field stripped the pistol and found the ejector / mag disconnector broken. The seller refunded $30 as he knew I'd have to order the replacement part, detail strip the frame, and install the new part. No biggie I thought, I've repaired internal parts on 2nd and 3rd Gen pistols, and I intended to replace the recoil and firing pin springs. I order up the parts, Wolfe springs and a OEM grip from Midway USA, which arrived in four days, and the disconnector from NUMRICH GPC with some other small parts. GPC parts ordered day after Midway, shipped USPS 1st class, tracked from NY to Houston, Houston to Dallas, and then......well who knows? When I tried to initiate a parcel trace using the USPS website, I enter in five screens of data, and when you hit "submit" a message pops up stating "This function is not currently available". Maybe it'll arrive, but it's so deflating to have one small part delay enjoying a pistol I have been chasing down over the past year. Sorry to vent.
Interesting that the seller knew about the broken ejector, but did not disclose the issue before the sale. Glad he refunded you $30 to compensate for the broken part.