View Single Post

Old 02-09-2022, 04:01 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default New m&p15 failure to feed, failure to extract

I have a new M&P15 and have take it to the range twice. Each time the rifle will either extract and not feed, or fail to extract. Sometimes the charge handle is nearly impossible to pull back and it takes some work to extract the round (1 out of 3-4 rounds). If it does extract, it will fail to fire because the new round failed to feed (audible click of the hammer). Pulling the charge handle will load the round each time. I'm using cheap steel, tula and wolf, and get the same experience with both. I have multiple pmags and have the same issue with each one. I bought steel to keep the range time economical, and before taking it read many old post on here saying that the many users have zero issue with steel.

After the first time out I broke down the gun and BCG. It felt like the cam on the BCG wasn't moving as freely as it should. I made sure the ring gaps were evenly spaced apart, lubed, and reassembled.

I was optimistic that this would fix it, but the second time out yield the same results. I plan on another outing with some brass to see if I get the same results, but the range is 1.5hrs away, and with a new baby it's hard to get out. I want to do everything i can to make sure it works so I don't waste the travel time.

Is it possible the cheap steel is getting stuck? Yhis wouldn't address the failure to feed upon extraction, though. I don't see any obvious deformation on the spent rounds. Everything seems to move smoothly when manipulating the BCG in the upper with the lower removed. No obvious stick points.

I appreciate any insight.