View Single Post

Old 03-11-2022, 10:39 PM

Liked 130 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmtnman View Post
When Hunter Pistol first started up around 1980-81 (?) I thought it would be right up my alley. I had been a pretty serious ATA trap competitor, but handguns were my first love. I got a serious "bug" to start knocking over those little critters when I lived in Maryland. The local matches were at the Marriottsville range just a bit west of "Bawlmer" . I managed to win a couple of Maryland state championships in big bore Hunter Handgun. The pictures of my "Grand Slam" pin are from that period. I am curious if they still exist. I thought it was pretty nice that the NRA would put your name and the number you were to have accomplished it. My number was 53. Anybody else familiar with these little trinkets ?

My first competitions and championship was using a Nickel M19 6" with a 2X Leupold scope. I guess I missed my chance on the heading of this thread ....

To be more relevant to Smith & Wesson .... and BRAGGING (please forgive the "old guy") I guess I could have said "My "national record" using a Model 19
I love shooting silhouettes I just wish there was more of it now i have my own set of steel and shoot by myself with pistol but shoot silhouette with bpcr rifle so much more exciting than paper nice shooting !!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Like Post: