View Single Post

Old 03-28-2022, 09:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 14,018 Times in 4,113 Posts

To all who have responded.

My wife and I find strays. Our first together dog walked up to us on a job site. Two months later a homeless beagle adopted us at a campground. Couple of years later we are in a PetsMart and someone dumped a 4 week old puppy. Management is busy calling the pound. My wife picks up the puppy and walks out of the store. I tell management to KMA or call the cops. Then my corgi mix, also from an overcrowded kill shelter. Next dogs was from a breeder. They thought it would be a show dog. He wasn’t, but I would not hear of him going to a kill shelter. Which brings us to Quinn. We are not strangers to senior dogs. They come with their own baggage but so do I. And they come willingly. A little attention and they thrive.

Quinn has been with us for 5 days. Previous owner described her as lazy. Each time I leash her we walk to the mailbox and back to the house, 1/4 mile. And she does that 4-5 times a day. Someone was lazy but certainly not Quinn. We will work on getting some weight off her. Tomorrow we will stop at the vet on our way out of town to weigh her. Then Herself and I will come up with a diet to help her lose weight. Nothing drastic but a pound every two or three weeks until she is at 60 or 65 pounds. That itself will help her joints. And proper nourishment and supplements will further help her.

Right now, she is curled up at the side of the bed snoring. I could not be listening to a more beautiful sound.

Kevin

Last edited by StrawHat; 03-29-2022 at 09:25 PM.
The Following 35 Users Like Post: