View Single Post

Old 04-03-2022, 02:52 PM

Liked 29,821 Times in 11,079 Posts

I usually pass by zombie threads with an eyeroll, but the added info provided by Model 15-4ever is priceless. For me, the key statement in his post is this:

Quote:
Re "too much recoil" for Agents with the 10mm. The full house 170 grain Norma was never issued. FTU Unit Chief John Hall and crew fired it in his Colt Delta Elite when they were examining the 10mm and decided quickly it was a ridiculous choice for a LE load.
Clearly, the "you can never have enough gun" brigade are not going to like that. Tough. The decision was made by those who know their job and what it takes to carry a gun every day.

On that last point, I see that somebody made this comment:

Quote:
The race to the 9mm was partially driven by some definite improvements in projectile construction but largely by agencies more interested in "diversifying" their organizations than training men and women to survive a fight.
While this is written as a bit of a swipe, I don't consider diversification of the FBI a criticism. I think it is a realization that employing more people who look like more of the population is an advantage as the FBI's role in intelligence and penetration of criminal gangs evolved.