View Single Post

Old 05-04-2022, 05:24 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 11,486 Times in 3,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasgunner View Post
Prior to 1912 there was no A.W. Brill Saddlery. So the original "Sunday Scabbards" would more appropriately be products of Kluge Bros. Saddlery. After the sale in 1912 when A.W. Brill bought the Kluge Bros. out, the A.W. Brill stamp came to be and from 1912 until 1932 the "Sunday Scabbards" marked with the Brill stamp were still being made by Charles Kluge. NJ Rabensburg came to the Brill company in 1932 and incoporated his changes into the design which endured until Mr. Rabensburgs death. I hope I got all this right from Red's posts as well as Neal Rabensburgs information.
Yeah, Tim, like I said, now I am confusing myself! What is confusing me, I guess is when Red says "nor will you find any of these details omitted, ever, from a Brill from either era". I was thinking the early Brill's made by Kluge were missing the stacked welt, like your holster. So an early Brill, could be missing the stacked welt of the later era.

Tim, thanks for the measurements. Check mine out. The first one looks more than 7”, but the small amount extra is actually the belt loop and not the holster itself. I also made a couple more measurements. I don’t have a 4” fixed sight K frame or N frame revolver.
Larry

Last edited by boykinlp; 05-04-2022 at 05:51 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: