View Single Post

Old 05-26-2022, 05:09 PM

Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
The rifle you are talking about is a very sound weapon. You will like it. Enjoy!

Thanks. I am really looking forward to owning it soon and trying it out at the range.

@John Patrick, You got a point of course. Residents of larger homes have different requirements for home defense.

@Biggfoot44 Thanks a lot for the detailed description of the different bullet types.

Using a 55-grain fmj bullet as a budget home defense round would be possible. FMJ rounds would be my preferred plinking ammo for the range anyway because they are quiet and widely available.

Considering them for home defense too did not cross my mind but it would make sense to a certain extent.

Expanding rounds would still make more sense but if civilian 55 grain 223 remington FMJ are similar to the old 5,56mm nato m193 which tumbled and even fragmented at the short range I would not hesitate to consider them for home defense usage.

Do you guys know if the 55-grain fmj loads from Winchester act similar to the military m193 rounds?

The winchester rounds are the most common fmj rounds at my local gun store and I would buy plenty of them for plinking as soon my 7615 arrives.