View Single Post

Old 06-03-2022, 12:31 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,675 Times in 647 Posts
Default reloaders

What reloading press depends on how much you shoot. I started out on a used RCBS Rockchucker and used it for years, still have it and use it for ammo that Is unusual and rifle ammo. If you shoot 2 or 3 boxes of 357 each time you go out to shoot a single stage is fine. Used single stage presses are usually fairly cheap. I paid $25 for my Rockchucker and they can still be found for around $50. i think Hornaday sells a electronic scale for about $35, I like the Lyman 55 for a powder dump $25 or so used. I like lee dies with the factory crimp die if buying new. Used dies $10 - $25 but inspect them. Note: For 357 I would buy carbide dies and pass on lubing brass. It really doesn't take long to load 100 rounds of ammo for a days shooting. I have a friend that loads all his 38 with a tong tool. When he plans to shoot he sits down turns on the radio and knocks out what he needs. You will find the more your reload the more you will shoot. I got into progressives by accident, I took an Old Star progressive in on a car I sold and now have 3 Dillon Square Deals and a 550 and 650. If I could only have one I guess it would be the 550. I find I reload during the chilly winter and shoot all summer without doing any reloading. Finding components right now is fairly expensive.
SWCA 892

Last edited by austintexas; 06-03-2022 at 12:33 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: