View Single Post

Old 06-05-2022, 07:58 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,895 Times in 2,554 Posts

I used to carry exclusively 3rd Gen Smith’s. 3913, 6906, CS9. My other home and range guns were Beretta 92’s. Same manual of arms. Or I’d carry a J frame.

Time went on and size and weight began to matter more. I like a safety on a semi auto, so I bought a Ruger LC9 and then an LC9S. Over 15 years of slide mounted safety and up to fire, and the Ruger took some getting used to. My thumb would automatically go to flick up to fire like on my 3rd Gen guns. A few weeks of nightly practice and now the motion is automatic. So much so that when I shoot my 3rd Gen guns at the range I flick down to fire like I do with my Ruger. No big deal. They’re range use only now.

I also like M&P pistols so a Shield and then a Shield Plus came into the fold. Same basic manual of arms.

But even the Ruger or the Shield feel a bit bulky in the summer with shorts, so it’s the Bodyguard .380. That gets pocket carried but the safety is off. Such a long trigger I’m not worried about it.

I just can’t get hung up on the “what if the **** hits the fan”. I refuse to live in fear and worry about situational awareness and extra mags. I slip whatever gun I am carrying that day into my waistband or pocket and go about my business.

The 4516 would be an absolute brick for me to carry and I wouldn’t do it. I’d sure like to own one. I love my 4566. But carry? No way. I used to carry a Glock 19 back in the day and it feels like a brick now, too.
The Following User Likes This Post: