View Single Post

Old 07-03-2022, 09:46 AM

Liked 5,381 Times in 1,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyj98 View Post
That was the style for years. I've owned a couple of the old range boxes, for my uses I prefer pistols in their own gun rugs and a small plastic tote carrys my spotting scope, ammo, and other goodies.
I use a Strong Case pistol box I bought from a gentleman on this forum. It's an well-made, aluminum version of the classic pistol box. It is very convenient to have everything in one box. Particularly, if you need to remove your equipment from the line between relays. It does wind up being heavy with three guns and a full load of ammo!

I guess I'm just an old-school wanna-bee. I've been shooting .45 ACP 1911, a .38 Super 1911 and a Model 41. Sometimes just the .45 and Model 41. Now in my progression backwards, I've secured a Model 25-2; it should be in my hands next week. I'll use that, plus my K-32 and K-17. Rapid fire with revolvers will be a challenge, but I won't have to chase brass!

Let you think I'm a total throw-back, I also shoot ISSA. Bullseye fundamentals fully apply, but somehow everything goes to pot when I try to go fast. Who'd a thunk it?
The Following User Likes This Post: