View Single Post

Old 07-15-2022, 02:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,354 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderboss View Post
Not entirely true on the live fire. You must hit to get 230 points out of the possible 300 (70%). The entire silhouette does not have scoring capability. Parts of the silhouette are outside of the scoring rings, so hits there would count as zero points.
Not exactly.
The scoring is hit or miss. Scoring rings are not used.
Target is specified as the B-27.
The scoring area use to be the center mass 11"X14". Now it is anything in the black on the target.
Course of fire is 30 rds. 10 rds at the 5 yd, 10 rds at the 7 yd, and 10 rds at the 10 yd line.
Minimum number of hits is 70% which is 21 hits in the black.
The course of fire is listed in the statute and in the Ad Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter6 View Post
In IL a new applicant is required to do 16 hours of instruction. The qualifier is 30 rounds on a B-29 silhouette. 10 rounds each slow fire from 5, 7 & 10 yards. To pass 27 rounds must hit ANYWHERE on the silhouette. Strangely there is no restriction on the pistol used for the qual. Instructor's tell me target .22s have been used!
IL statute says a B-27 target is to be used. The B-29 is 1/2 size.
21 hits not 27.
Caliber is whatever you want to shoot. Nothing in either the statute nor ad rules mention caliber.
Altho I have seen and heard from other instructors people try to use the Judge and .410 shot shells. None I've talked to have allowed it. There's no way to score hit or misses with shot shells.

For another's concern IL is shall issue. That includes Chicago which is no different than the rest of the state for CCW licensing and carry.

Last edited by ispcapt; 07-15-2022 at 02:17 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: