View Single Post

Old 07-15-2022, 04:34 PM

Liked 28,234 Times in 8,954 Posts

I’m working on a trip to Boise in the near future, and to me, Idaho’s statute reads “any citizen of the United States,” which is how most permitless carry state’s statutes read. Please correct me if I’m wrong and point me to a different statute than the one I read . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR505 View Post
In Idaho there are three levels of CCW: Constitutional Carry for Idaho citizens, a limited CCW permit that is just fee based giving you privileges in some neighboring states, and the enhanced CCW that requires a live-fire shoot demonstrating proficiency (up to instructor to determine) with an 8 hour class. The enhanced CCW is good in something like 38 states and allows carry on University campuses and replaces NICS checks, good for 5 years.

The Idaho LEOSA shoot is done by our local Sheriff's Department and consists of a 15 round course, all from ready position, at 10 yards. No time limits, no reloading, and three stages of 5 rounds each. I could likely pass this in my sleep while handcuffed. There is no cost but you supply your own firearm and ammo. Your permit, good in all 50 states, says "handgun."

I took the Enhanced class for the firearms purchasing benefits, but our "instructor" was a fool. I won't go into detail of all his inanities, but his course of fire was 100 rounds at 10 yards into a 10" circle. However, it was not scored and was just to see how you handle the firearm. I kept mine in a group the size of a baseball, and the instructor was snarky about that. My online review was not kind to him.