View Single Post

Old 07-15-2022, 06:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,354 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderboss View Post
That must have changed since the original statute. When I took the course (one of the first after the rules were published), it was 70% scoring.
It always has been and is still 70% scoring. 30 shots fired, 21 needed to qualify. That was set in the ad rules from the beginning. If the person who did your class was scoring the rings then he was not doing it by the statute. And that would not be unusual either. There were some really fast and loose instructors who had their certs revoked. No doubt there are still some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter6 View Post
Thanks for clarification ispcapt.
I incorrectly identified the BIG silhouette. I had no idea you could pull 7 out of the black and pass! That's just scary.
Pretty much scary. I've said from the beginning that IL's CCW qualification shoot is not a qualification shoot. It's really nothing more than a weapon function check. The 20 rds at the 5 yd and 7 yd should be a gimme if anyone is paying attention to what they're doing. Then at 10 yds they only have to hit the target once in 10 rds. That should be a gimme too but surprising how many people will fail. And that is really really scary.