View Single Post

Old 07-18-2022, 08:32 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,136 Times in 896 Posts

I've made inserts for two presentation cases of mine; one for a 3-1/2" N-frame, and another for a 6-1/2" N-frame. I purchased styrofoam for the bottom inserts and foam rubber for the top inserts at the hobby shop, and the blue flannel fabric at the sewing yardage store. I fashioned the bottom insert to the shape of the particular revolver. It was fairly easy and the results were acceptable, but certainly not to the level of quality of the originals or those redone by jcelect.

As far as I know, there aren't any commercial aftermarket inserts available for the original S&W mahogany presentation cases, though I've heard jcelect can restore originals and can, perhaps, make replacements to order.

I think if some entity were to manufacture a replacement insert in the various frame sizes and barrel lengths, they would sell to those of us who have a case with inserts that have deteriorated or fallen apart. If you need replacement inserts, contact forum member jcelect and see if he can help you. I know he has helped many forum members with their particular needs.