View Single Post

Old 07-19-2022, 06:34 AM

Liked 25 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&p2.0fdethumbsafety View Post
a ccw should require continuous range sessions to make sure the shooter is always proficient with the specific firearm as shooting is a perishable skill. your carry gun should be the gun you are the best at. every single range session you're not using your carry gun, is you letting your skill with it diminish, and learning habits that don't apply or work against it. i will never shoot any other gun more than my carry gun because it's the one my life depends, i have to be more accurate, faster, more steady, do manipulations with it, than any other gun i have, and that takes time, and a lot of practice, both dry firing and at the range. people who want to just put their self defense gun in a drawer or holster and forget about it, then go back to playing with a bunch of guns he's never going to use outside of it being a range toy, are a liability. i don't want to be within a mile of that guy when someone bad goes down, he might accidentally shoot me instead of the intended target!
it doesn't mean thousands of rounds as I do with my CZ Shadow or 1911 or whatever pistol made for the range. Yes you need to know your firearm but 50 rounds per session or even dry fire is enough, that is not going to change or effect your red dot anyhow. Zero it in 10 shot and you are good to go.

Last edited by mbjku; 07-19-2022 at 06:36 AM.