View Single Post

Old 07-22-2022, 02:28 PM

Liked 1,140 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreed11754 View Post
For years when I first started reloading i weighed every load, rifle and pistol. I would dump a load from my rcbs measure and trickle it up to the weight I wanted. Worked fine until I started competing in ipsc. I started trusting my measures for pistol loads. I still weighed my rifle loads. The best measures are the old Dillon 450 measures with a button and 550 automatic measures. I’ve put 550s on my Lyman T2 turret presses to speed things up too.
I'm with you I weigh rifle charges out individually to as near perfect as I can get it. As previously stated I only load moderate pressure pistol rounds, if I need something hot, I shoot factory loads. I set my powder throw to my desired amount, weighing several charges, once satisfied I get to loading only checking a powder weight every 100-200 rounds if that. On my Dillon 1050 I may load 600 rounds or so. I do visually inspect the amount of powder in each case if using my single stage press. I don't think I have ever stopped to verify that my powder measure is still where it needs to be and found it off. This over the course of 45 years of reloading that included high volume loading for USPSA matches and practice ammo. I figure I have loaded well over 100,000 rounds.