View Single Post

Old 07-26-2022, 12:49 PM

Liked 1,019 Times in 435 Posts

I too have enjoyed reading through this again as I’m a big fan of the large frame steel S&W 45’s. Bought a 645 when first available, even before Sonny Crockett . Regrettably let that one go, but replaced it a few years ago. Still waiting for my first malfunction with a 645…hasn’t happened yet.

With all the great info in this thread I was surprised at no mention of the 4546. I know they’re a bit of a rare bird and what little I know about them I learned on this forum. In my LGS in among the black plastic I saw the first 4546 I’d ever laid eyes on in the case. I wasn’t that interested, but after reading a bit about them, and seeing it sitting there for a few months, I made an offer and it was accepted. I really didn’t expect to keep it but thought it might make good trade material. No box, but was in great condition. Took it straight to the ranch to see how it worked. Only problem was I only brought one box of ammo. It was a lot of fun and amazingly, to me anyway, extremely easy to hit with. I was able to “ding steel” consistently at targets as far as 75 yards out. Later took it to my buddy’s house to show it off. At his home range we were able to ring targets out to 100 yards. He was so impressed he told me I’d be crazy to get rid of it. So far it’s still mine.

Again thanks for all the info here. I too like the real world stories. Some have commented on wanting these big autos back in production but I doubt we’ll see it. Plastic is way cheaper and unfortunately more popular I’m afraid.

Dan

Last edited by BigMuddy; 07-26-2022 at 12:53 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: