View Single Post

Old 07-29-2022, 12:20 PM

Liked 7,478 Times in 2,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdogged View Post
Does your AlphaWolf barrel have any play when you press down on the barrel hood? If so, how does it compare to the OEM barrel when you press down on it?
That's a very good question which I haven't previously tested, so I decided to take the excuse to break my Shield down for cleaning and try it out.

In full lockup, there's absolutely no discernible downward play when pressure is applied on either the factory OEM Barrel nor the AlphaWolf Barrel.
With the breach unlocked and the slide locked in the rearward position, there is a little bit of play with the OEM Barrel and just ever so slightly more with the AlphaWolf Barrel. I didn't measure how much or anything because obviously a Browning tilting barrel, locked breach design such as this is meant to do just that, and it didn't feel sloppy or loose in any way, in fact it was tighter than on most of my other pistols.

That being said, keep in mind that my Shield is a Performance Center Model and the AlphaWolf Barrel is a Match Grade Barrel, ergo there is likely tighter fit/tolerances to it than a standard model, and as always, YMMV.

Hopefully this answers your question adequately.