View Single Post

Old 07-29-2022, 03:12 PM

Liked 278 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULLA! View Post
I recently performed this switch on my 442, which came with a cylinder cut for moon clips. I used the original ratchet, which is slightly thinner than the ratchet that came with the new cylinder, which was not cut for moon clips. Will this cause any issues?

I was hoping to avoid timing issues by using the original ratchet like others have done. The switch seems to have worked perfectly, but I haven't tested it at the range yet and likely won't unless I get a thumbs up or two.
First time I have heard of someone using the ratchet from a moon clip cut cylinder on the standard cylinder, of course it being titanium as well. What does it look like? Pics???

I am thinking it should not matter, just that it is timed right. Test firing it should not be a problem as long as it is timed. I say, fire it and see if the casings eject the same as a standard ratchet/cylinder combo. I am thinking it should work just fine.. But you need to fire it to verify as long as you feel comfortable knowing it is timed correctly. Sorry for the long repeated banter...