View Single Post

Old 07-29-2022, 11:15 PM

Liked 12,749 Times in 3,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevKAB View Post
Try the TK Custom moon clips. Excellent quality. They also.mske a great little moon clips loader.
It’s a Jurassic Zombie thread, but TK Custom does make nice moon clips.

For the S&W 625 I also like Speed Beez moon clips.

Either way, I’ve bent one and they are in the sweet spot for ease of loading and security.

You don’t need a loader or unloader with either of those brands, but they are nice to have.

I bought a TK Customs loader for my 9mm moon clips but turned a mandrel for .45 ACP on my lathe. Quicker and cheaper and the ability to whip up things like that are why I own a lathe.

——

And in case the OP hasn’t figure it out yet - like maybe he has been in a coma for the last 9 years - I don’t do anything different with my .45 ACP revolver loads.

I do however prioritize differently when choosing what to shoot in a given situation. Semi wad cutters cut nice large, sharp, holes and provided they feed well in a 1911, there is no downside.

However, a moon clip full of nose bullets flies right into the cylinder, while a moon clip with semi wad cutters sometimes needs just a little jiggling (although the old school fairly long skinny semi wad cutters do pretty well).

Last edited by BB57; 07-29-2022 at 11:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: