View Single Post

Old 08-10-2022, 09:32 AM

Liked 1,608 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB57 View Post
That’s true enough….at least as far as you’ve mentioned.

In addition to the Walther PPK/s pistols, the FEG clones of the PP, PPK/S, and PPK, Beretta 81, and the mini 1911 style RIA and Kimber .380 pistols mentioned in my previous post, I also have a Bersa Thunder.

The fact that I forgot about it in my prior post speaks volumes. It is inexpensive ($250 new in the box less than a year ago). In fact, I bought two, one in. 380 ACP and the other in .22 LR ($225).

They are both accurate for the type and impressively reliable. The Bersa Thunder in .22 LR is very enjoyable to shoot, and the trigger is comparable to that on my Walther PP in .22 LR (a German military marked British L66A1).

However the Bersa in .380 is the most unpleasant .380 ACP pistol I’ve ever shot. Bersa got everything absolutely right if their goal was to maximize .380 ACP recoil. The front sight even objected to the abuse and parted company with the slide after about 100 rounds. (But on a positive note the front sight cost less than $10 to replace, was easy to find on line, and was here in less than a week.)

Despite the KBI imported FEG SMC being both smaller and lighter, it’s more pleasant to shoot than the Bersa. It almost defies physics how obnoxious the Bersa Thunder is in .380 ACP.

Two stars, do not recommend.
Thats odd. My wife and I enjoy shooting our Bersa .380 CC models. Thats the lightest and slimmest Bersa .380. Luckily the "sights" are integral with the slide and cant fly off.
The Following User Likes This Post: