View Single Post

Old 08-21-2022, 07:54 PM

Liked 47 Times in 14 Posts

Art66 - Very, very nice ‘73 mod 66. Over the years I’ve had two Mod 19s, a 6”and a 4”. I love the K frame .357s (I also love the mod 13s). But as I get older, I get and keep the stainless ones because for me the finish is just easier to keep looking decent. Had a 66-2 which I stupidly sold for what reason I have no idea except I wanted to buy another gun. Anyway I said darn it, I’m getting a 66 and I’m finally going to keep it! - So…I purchased the 66 in San Diego and the trigger had been reground to get rid of the width lower in the trigger. The sides were removed so that it was the same width all the way down to the trigger tip as it came out of the frame. Also the corners of the trigger were sharp but not cutting sharp. The upshot was once you got your finger into the trigger guard, the trigger “stuck” to your finger. That plus a great action job made it a great double action gun. The trigger plus the action made me think it was a LE gun. I was partially right, it lettered to being initially sent to the Oceanside, CA city government. - The mod 19/66 lugged barrel/K frame size is a favorite for me as is the heavy barrel/K frame format of the mod 13s. Had a mod 13-2 and 13-3 but just have the 13-3 at this time. N frames without the keyhole are high on my list.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: