View Single Post

Old 08-30-2022, 05:08 PM

Liked 7,014 Times in 2,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRYHEAT View Post
Back in the mid to late 60’s the Utah Highway Patrol liked ‘em:

and they look good in nickel too:
I was a teenage kid in Utah in the mid 60's, it was not uncommon for a guy to try and outrun USP...with the advent of the .357 if they could pull up alongside you after the last warning to pull over was refused and shoot through the fender taking the engine out...or so the legend goes. We did have a local cop known as "shoot first and ask questions later" who was famous for "BAM! BAM! Stop or I'll Fire!" Those were certainly different years. A buddy and I got caught relieving ourselves in the Safeway parking lot after a night of beer drinking, the cops hauled us down to the station. I remember the letters in blue fluorescent JAIL with an arrow pointing down. We got to the stairway which had at least a dozen stairs and as we started down the stairs the cops lit into us with sticks, at the bottom while we were nursing bruises one old cop said "Have you boys learned your lesson or do we need to call your folks down?" We replied with "OH YESSIR, we have learned our lesson." We were released and went our way, lesson learned.
Sorry about the thread drift...
The Following 4 Users Like Post: