View Single Post

Old 10-22-2022, 07:07 AM

Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts

Depends on your intended use. I have experience with the Truglo fiber/tritium and various brands of tritium only.

The fiber/tritium does have its advantages. There are certain lighting conditions a fiber only sight is just useless. Specifically dawn/dusk, you won't see anything. The fiber/tritium solves that as the tritium will illuminate the fiber and is absolutely visible in those lighting situations. That said, the Truglos are obviously longer than normal night sights and in shorter barrel lengths makes the sight radius even shorter. That was evident on my Sig 938 that came stock with the Truglos. While I never bent/broke a front sight, can see how that could happen in certain situations.

At one time, most of my handguns had the Truglo fiber/tritium. Have since changed most of them out with tritium only. The newer designs have a very bright ring around the tritium that really sticks out and almost as good as fiber. Love my Ameriglo I Dots, which are on all my M&Ps. Meprolights are good too. Night Fision makes a very good night sight with a highly visible front sight. Have those on my Caniks and few other various firearms.