View Single Post

Old 01-12-2023, 04:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 19,132 Times in 6,898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goony View Post
An advertisement from 1946 stressing the need to initially concentrate on the production of M&P's for law enforcement
Goony
I have an AMC from 1946, that suggests the same thing. It even discussed the prospect of getting other models into production but cautions that it might be a while.

I have been intensively researching the postwar M&P now since 2012. I have collected data on roughly 15,000 units with SV or S prefix serial numbers. I still have a few thousand yet to actually enter into the database, but hope to have that task finished over the next month or so.

Connected with that research is a draft article for the Journal, which I hope to submit sometime between now and summer. I have also spoken to Jim about including an updated summary on the S prefix guns for the SCSW 5th Edition.

Last summer at the Symposium in NC, Charlie F. strongly urged me to get this work done soon. The problem is that, at 73, I'm still working full time, so I have to try to squeeze this project into my "spare" moments. or rather
SWCA #2475, SWHF #318
The Following User Likes This Post: