View Single Post

Old 02-03-2023, 12:47 PM

Liked 19,656 Times in 4,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith357 View Post
Well she did go with me yesterday for the very first time to a gunshow. It was just a small local thing and she helped me pick out an M&P45. While we were there we looked at few .22lr rifles and asked which one she thought was pretty, trying to work fashion into it. She really liked the Winchester and Browning lever action 22s, she did not like the Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60.
I foresee a Browning BL-22 in your future. There is something a new shooter likes about feeling something they do makes the gun go bang, other than just pulling the trigger. Same with a bolt action.
My grandson did the First Shots class when he was 10 or 11, got to shoot a single shot 22. Next range trip I showed him my tricked out 10/22 and he shot it some and didn't care for it cuz "All I do is pull the trigger" Next gun show I took him with me and showed him a BL-22 and how it worked. I bought it, he liked it, and now he's a better shot than me. We worked thru the handguns, a Browning Buckmark and then to my S&W revolvers, 38spl and up.