View Single Post

Old 04-03-2023, 10:17 PM

Liked 425 Times in 177 Posts

So this one is far from my first M&P. I owned or was issued a bunch prior to this, but this was my first 2.0, and boy was it an improvement for me over the older M&Ps, which I still think are good guns.

I purchased the 1000 lumen Surefire X300 Ultra and it was my teaching gun for academies and any class requiring an M&P from late 2018 through early 2020. It’s a tack driver and totally reliable over thousands of rounds with no maintenance. No cleaning. No oil. Nothing... just go. It got to the point I’d hit the slide release and the slide would slowly move forward about a half inch... over about two seconds... before finally falling closed... it still ran 100% (but I did clean it after that).

In 2020 we got pistol optics approved and this pistol languished a bit. I used the frame for an optic slide that I eventually sold to a guy whom I’d traded the slide several months prior. He’s a good guy and a friend, and this weekend he gifted me the complete pistol, all put back together.

I’m excited to have it back for two reasons. First, it’s my original 2.0 and it’s a great gun. Second, I’m retiring in less than six months so I can have it milled for an optic and I don’t have to worry about department policy.

I’ve not made a decision yet, but my front-runner choice is Maple Leaf Firearms for a Holosun EPS cut. It will leave the original sights which I’d like and I have three EPS Carry sights on other guns and like them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1CFD2A7E-F6AD-4B48-B2A3-0CF859807C18.jpg (138.9 KB, 69 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: