View Single Post

Old 04-16-2023, 02:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,131 Times in 1,030 Posts

I handled both grip styles at the Henry booth in Indy this weekend. Fit and finish was good. Trigger pull was smooth but heavy trigger pull in DA, single actions was crisp. Front sight was very good but the fixed rear sight seemed a little odd.

I talked to two of the reps and asked how they expected to be competitive with a $1000 fixed sighted revolver. They replied that the street price would be a couple hundred less, the companies reputation and 100% lifetime warranty would help find a market.

The birdshead grip version felt good in my hands and I have largish hands. Heft wise it reminded me of my 10-6 with much better grip feel. K frame grips always feel a little small and the trigger guard can rap my knuckles with heavy loads. For both of the grip styles on the Henry it felt like there was a little more finger room.

I'm a little skeptical what market share they are trying the reach. I think the era of the service revolver is long past and it's too large for most people to consider CCW. I would love to shoot one and if I ever see one < $600 I'll actually give purchase serious thought.
The Following User Likes This Post: