Thread: S&W Handcuffs
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2023, 03:09 PM

Liked 8,946 Times in 3,568 Posts
Default S&W Handcuffs

In 1971, while still a quite new LEO, I was shot on the job. A couple of years later I had an acute gall bladder attack. In 1974 I was working a plain clothes assignment. For some reason, either the gunshot or gall bladder I was unable, or a combination of the effects of both, I was unable to carry a steel firearm on a dress belt. I do not know why, but I was constantly nauseous with the weight pulling on my waist. That's the background.

As a result I bought a 2" Model 12, and the lighter weight relieved the nausea symptoms. I wanted a set of aluminum handcuffs too, but no one locally had any In 1974 as Dept. Armorer I was sent to the S&W Armorer's school, and while there purchased a set of S&W aluminum handcuffs direct. which I still have.

Now, the question. Does anyone know if S&W still makes aluminum handcuffs? Hiatt, Peerless and ASP all do, but I cannot find any reference on the S&W web site or any of the internet sellers. I am not looking to buy, just curious! Don't tell me to call S&W, I don't want to! I do know the phone number!

Last edited by Alk8944; 04-25-2023 at 03:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: