View Single Post

Old 05-10-2023, 11:36 PM

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRanger View Post
Oops...Valdada optic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Wow! Very impressive! I’m new to AR platform. I started shooting & hunting small game when I was 12 with my Dad.( I’ll be 59 this year) I only have experience shooting iron sights with shotguns, revolvers and SA pistols, (as I was an LEO for 8 years before going to FD). I kinda put sport shooting on the back burner for a while until I moved down south about 9 years ago. I’m not familiar with some of the things you mentioned. I have much to learn. But I’m no competition shooter, nor am I interested in doing so. I just like to protect my family and myself and go to the range occasionally. I purchased this rifle at a pretty reasonable price, $539, I consider it my AR learning rifle. I have other home defense weapons that are much more readily available.

I started out with a 3X Prism scope on this rifle because I have Astigmatism and wear corrective glasses, so I had a hard time with red dots. And I couldn’t see targets very well past 50 yards with the 3X prism I had. So another person, on another forum, recommended this cheap scope as a starter. So far I can see pretty far with this 6x18x50mm SFP scope. It’s not mounted on a carry handle. Hers another photo. I don’t mind spending a little cash on this rifle, heck I got $1,200 in to a Kel Tec Sub2K 9mm PCC! But I’m in the learning phase when it comes to AR’s and optics! I’m also a sucker for good deals, so the only upgrades I’ve done is purchase stuff on sale, like a new Geissele 2 stage 4.5 lb trigger, the drop in handguard and the scope. I said I’m a sucker for a good deal but I’m cautious not to buy something of to low of a quality, I know you get what you pay for, right now I’m looking to just learn for when I buy or build my next AR. I’m just looking for an inexpensive solution to get rid of that front sight without just cutting it off, and have that gas block slot in my handguard filled up with a picatinny rail to match my current rail if possible.

TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC99E884-BD35-4F08-B92B-E330A836D0A8.jpg (40.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Thirsty Traveler; 05-10-2023 at 11:38 PM.