View Single Post

Old 05-11-2023, 07:51 PM

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRanger View Post
Way 'i' see what you want to do...with a 50mm lens can't use either rail to mount? Canted reflex dot mounted on scope for backup...large lens may be in way sighting thru. With canted reflex gonna have to pick a distance to adjust dot for impact at that yardage?...accuracy? Never used canted dot or that large an optic. Canted dots i've seen used are for close in work. i just turn rifle 90 degrees & know impact will change ittle in close. Hope you get encouraging answers. That's a Large scope for that rifles capabilities but only you know your eyes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes, pretty much that’s it in a nut shell. The canted micro optic sight is just an after thought for the possibility of QCB, but really not necessary as this is just a long range rifle for now.

I’ve been in bed all day with an illness, (I think the grandkids gave me), so I’ve emailed and searched my brains out! I found no clear solution for a gas block that will fit that gap perfectly. One company said they have one that would fit perfectly but the set screws that keep the gas block in place may damage the pin slots on the barrel.

I may just cut off the sight after all, and cover it with one of those flat rubber picatinny rail grip covers, and call it a day. I suspect down the road I wil change the gas block out to a low profile one and a buy a free floating handguard.

TT