View Single Post

Old 05-29-2023, 10:08 AM
US Veteran

Liked 6,278 Times in 1,570 Posts
Default Grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by infrared35 View Post
Hello,

I have a 3" Model 65 that I'd like to carry and occasionally shoot IDPA with, and I wear size XL gloves so a lot of grips are too small for me. It came with a factory wook grip with finger grooves that's comfortable but the backstrap is exposed to it's on the small side. There's also a rubber Hogue grip that fits my hand a little better but still has the backstrap exposed and feels small. I have a larger rubber grip on my 4" model 10 (a Hogue Tamer, I believe) that's very comfortable and covers the backstrap but seems a bit on the big side length-wise for concealed carry. Is there anything else out there I should be looking at? Thanks!
I too have your problem, except I like the J frame guns! Curt Harlow is a grip maker that solved my problem!

The two guns pictured appear to have the same grips, but they are not! The 640 Centennial's, DA only, grips have the back strap uncovered! The mod 60 grips have the back strap covered because it is shot most of the time in SA which means the trigger pull starts back further in the trigger guard. This is Curt's email [email protected]
jcelect