View Single Post

Old 07-02-2023, 09:03 PM

Liked 10,108 Times in 3,708 Posts

I’m not AR fan either but have nothing against them. I just could see no reason for me to have one. I have rifles from 22s to 45/70, 375H&H. Nice classic rifles that are deadly accurate. People always amazed that I didn’t have AR-AK ect.
Little over year ago caught good deal on forum and bought PSA carbine. Back aways I got good bit of trigger time on M16. This 16” PSA is like a brick compared to original M16a1 we were issued
Flat top, little pugey had guards. I didn’t like it. Put M16 style stock and handle on it. Doesn’t shoot bad but weighs to much for what it is.
PSA is suppose to have bought H&R, which was the maker of the M16a1 we had in RVn. If they do I will sell my carbine and get AR on M16a1 pattern. Finished gun should be in 5lb area. Longer barrel version and drop foreward assist would shave weight. That was the beauty of the rifle, light and accurate. I know quite a few guys who would buy stockers, they have no interest in bells and whistles. They only want one for nostalgia value and if it’s needed will still be as good as a tricked out version.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: