View Single Post

Old 07-06-2023, 12:54 AM

Liked 1,525 Times in 608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-W4EVER View Post
I have reasons why I don’t build my own AR’s. For starters it requires a few special tools in order to do it right. It also requires knowledge on how to do it right (& I have no interest to assembling them for others). In addition I wouldn’t trust my life to a firearm that wasn’t built by a professional. The closest I’ll get is buying assembled proven quality uppers and lowers separately and putting them together.
That's an OK approach too. Another way to "build" is buying a stripped lower to build up and an assembled upper. The upper is the more challenging assembly. The lower really requires no special tools at all.

Acquiring the building habit is first had if you decide to replace the trigger. Which requires nothing more than a punch to drift out the pins.

Attached is a "sort of" GAU 5 that I built up. Similar to what I carried overseas +5 decades ago. I kind of like the triangle handguard look. Aluminum two position stock and Colt pistol grip.

IMG_0657.jpg

I've got a bunch of scoped and fancier ARs. This one is pretty simple, works fine.

In case anyone asks - the shotgun is a Franchi Aspire and the revolver is a 1968 Colt Cobra.

Last edited by dsf; 07-06-2023 at 12:57 AM.