View Single Post

Old 07-07-2023, 10:16 AM

Liked 1,556 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfarfuldog View Post
When posters put down Colts at every opportunity, I believe they are Colt haters. If you disagree that's OK. I own Colts, Smiths and others. I just get tired of seeing posters denigrate them all the time. The Colt 6920 is the bench mark for AR;s. Some brands are better and some worse. YMMV
I don’t hate Colt firearms.

I brought a new Holy Grail SAA. Paid a lot of money for it. It was a beautiful gun gun out of the box. The nickel finish blew off of the front of the cylinder when I shot the first box of 50 cartridges. So I sent the cylinder back to be refinished. Then the nickel finish on the frame peeled off so I had to send it back.

I could not get it to shoot good groups. I even had Bob Munden shoot it. However a lot of experimentation I discovered the cylinder throats where .457”+. I sent it back to the factory and Colt refused to replace it. Instead I got a note saying the gun was “within factory specs” and I should just enjoy owning a “collectable firearm”.

So Colt AR’s are better that everyone else’s yet they can’t win any military contracts. Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me.

Last edited by BSA1; 07-07-2023 at 10:17 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: