View Single Post

Old 07-12-2023, 01:00 AM

Liked 463 Times in 163 Posts

I answered that I reload, but I have the rounds I load for practice, which gets done on one of the progressive presses that are more or less permanently setup for practice loads, and spend some extra time for the carry rounds on a turret press with the auto charger.

Once a week I will go through what I have been carrying to rotate the carry inventory, but the practice rounds are what is used most of the time.

On the topic of are there any benefits to using the carry rounds for practice, based off of my experiences since the Covid shutdown in 2020, I would say it doesn't matter that much.

When everything was shutdown in 2020 I pulled out the old pellet gun and setup my home range for the first time in 20ish years. Being trapped at home with nothing else to do, I was putting at least a hundred pellets down range every day, which has since dropped of to 2 or 3 times a week now. This also kind of sucked me into airguns as another way to spend money

The repetition in lining up the sights and pulling a trigger, even though the majority of it is done with airguns that effectively have no recoil, has me shooting the firearms more consistently than I have in a long time, even with the hotter loads that move my hands around when they go off.

So getting back to the OP's question, I would say use the cheap stuff if it means you can get more practice in

Last edited by Tu_S; 07-12-2023 at 01:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: