View Single Post

Old 08-11-2023, 10:50 AM

Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts
Default Missing Trademark Logo on J frame model 43c

I made a short 1 minute video to show and describe a few things about the model 43c example I have. I am wondering if anyone else has seen missing trademark on the left side frame of 43c, J frames or any s&w revolver really.

Video link:
Missing S&W Trademark on Smith & Wesson J FRAME model 43c - YouTube

as shown in the video, this J frame model 43c appears to be missing its S&W trademark logo on the left side of the frame.

It is not for sale, now or ever, so I am not worried about if its worth more or less because I am never going to sell it.

I have watched every video on the 43c and every other example has a S&W logo on the left side of the frame. I am curious if anyone has one like this, or if you have seen other J frames or 43c's that have a missing logo on that spot.

Note, this is how it came from the factory, I purchased it new, from a S&W authorized FFL dealer. Other then regular use, I have not done anything to the finish. I don't possess the tools or skill to be able to remove a logo and reapply finish same as factory.

For any wondering it is not for sale because I love it. After 20+ range trips, and over 1,000 rounds thru it, I am very happy with it.

my account name is 43cApologist. This is inspired by NAA Apologist youtube, which demonstrates the often underestimated NAA micro revolvers can still be effective. Some day I may post some video or targets to do the same with the 43c. for now, just wanted to show off, this what I consider to be potentially rare example of a J frame missing its trade mark logo on left side of frame, but also, the cylinder release latch is silver, like a stainless steel finish, compared to most 43c which have black nitride finish that matches the frame of the revolver.

Maybe an odd or rare duck, or maybe they stopped putting the trademark on 43c's after a certain run.. but having watched every video. read every review on first 15 pages of google results, and seen hundreds listed on gunbroker, this is the only example I have seen that new from the factory arrived with silver cylinder release, and missing S&W trademark.

let me know what you think, and if you'd like to see some demonstrations of how capable the 43c performance is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230811_073914_Gallery.jpg (130.3 KB, 116 views)
The Following 5 Users Like Post: