View Single Post

Old 08-25-2023, 06:06 PM

Liked 647 Times in 290 Posts
Default In the family since new

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlevel View Post
Not recessed, of course, but pinned. I bought this Chiefs Special in 1973. I carried it regularly for 30 years. It is more or less retired now, but I did sight it with BB heavy .38 plus-p this Summer. It usually rests in a "secret" place in my home now. I usually carried it in my right hip pocket, not in a holster. Hot, humid Georgia weather has taken a toll, as you can see. I have fallen in Whitewater Creek with it in my pocket several times when working on an irrigation intake pipe. I have thought about having it refinished, but, nahh. I don't think so.

While I am not technically the original owner this Model 36 has been in the family since 1968. My father purchased this from our local gun store. My father wanted a square butt and had to order it. The gun came in on Christmas Eve 1968 and we got to the just in time. I ended up carrying this gun a lot after I got my LTC.

While my father cut corners on the holster and bought a Hunter I upgraded to some thing better. I few years ago I found a nice Bianchi thumbtack at a gun show and that’s what it travels in now.

That is a nice gun that you have. Also glad to hear that you changed your mind about a refinish.

These are great little guns. I also have 2 round butt 2” model 36s and an a first model.

That S&Ws that I bought new and still have are a model 18-3 since 1972, a model 27-2 1973 and a model 34-1 since 1978.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E207E788-7E49-4D44-A902-AA282DC6AE2B.jpg (21.2 KB, 10 views)