View Single Post

Old 08-25-2023, 06:30 PM

Liked 647 Times in 290 Posts
Default In the same family since new

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlevel View Post
Not recessed, of course, but pinned. I bought this Chiefs Special in 1973. I carried it regularly for 30 years. It is more or less retired now, but I did sight it with BB heavy .38 plus-p this Summer. It usually rests in a "secret" place in my home now. I usually carried it in my right hip pocket, not in a holster. Hot, humid Georgia weather has taken a toll, as you can see. I have fallen in Whitewater Creek with it in my pocket several times when working on an irrigation intake pipe. I have thought about having it refinished, but, nahh. I don't think so.

Technically I am not the original owner. This model 36 has been in the family since 1968. It was purchased by my father in 1968. I went with him when he went shopping for a 2” barrel .38. After looking around he decided on a 2” square butt model 36. Our local gun store did not have a square butt in stock so he had to order one. The dealer recieved the gun on Christmas Eve 1968 and we were able to get to the dealer in time to pick it up that day.

I fired this gun a lot and carried it frequently after I got my LTC.
These are great little guns. Mine has lots of memories attached as I am sure that yours does. Glad to hear that you changed your mind on a refinish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3E4DCC19-3BBD-4705-9030-59837B368F72.jpg (21.2 KB, 6 views)